Vegan Mofo Recipe #7
This Recipe is vegan and gluten-free
The Bomb Baba Ganoush
1/4 tahini paste
2 garlic cloves
1 lemon, juiced
1/8 tsp chili powder
Salt/Pepper to taste
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Poke the eggplant with a knife or fork several times (this is so the eggplant doesn't explode). Place in the oven and cook until soft for 35-40 minutes.
3. Remove from oven and let cool in the refrigerator. I like to leave them standing up to drain the liquid that eggplants have. Usually this liquid can be quite sour.
4. In a food processor, process tahini, garlic and lemon until smooth. I think doing this first really gets the baba really smooth.
5. Scrap the insides of the eggplant and add to the tahini mixture. Processes until smooth Season to Taste. Top with chili powder and some olive oil.