Vegan MoFo Recipe #3
Mediterranean Eggplant and Zucchini Stew
2 large eggplant, or 4 small, cut into cubed bite size pieces
2 tsp of salt, more to taste2 tbsp coconut oil
1 1/2 onion, chopped
1 tsp sweet paprika
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp coriander powder
2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup white wine
3 zucchini, sliced into large pieces
2 bell pepper, chopped
2 cups water, or vegetable stock
1/2 lemon juiced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp parsley
Fresh crushed pepper
1. In a large bowl add eggplants and stir in a 2 tsp of salt.
2. Heat up coconut oil, then stir in onion and cook till clear. Add spices and garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute or two. Add wine a cook until half has evaporated.
3. Add zucchini (remember to keep the pieces quite large), pepper, and salted eggplant. Cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently. Add vegetable stock or water and cook on low for about 30-35 minutes. Check frequently. Adjust seasoning and serve on top of creamy polenta.
3 cups vegetable stock
1 cup polenta
1 cup almond milk
*** 4 tbsp feta cheese, if you want it more creamy and are not vegan
1. Boil vegetable stock. Add polenta and stir frequently.
2. Once the liquid has evaporated add almond milk 1/2 a cup at time. Stir frequently until polenta is creamy, about 35 minutes.
3. If using, stir in feta cheese at the end.