Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I scream You scream for Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream!


So I went a little crazy at the farmers market and bought a case of strawberries.  I have been diligently eating strawberries every day.  I decided to make some creamy strawberry ice cream, but wait it's vegan too!  To get the creamy texture I used cocunut milk.  I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!


Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream

2 cups fresh strawberries, rinsed 
1 cup full fat coconut milk
1/3 cup almond milk
1/3 maple syrup, or honey
1 vanilla bean, split down the center and seeds scarped out (or you can use 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract)

Directions:

1. Place a freezer safe dish into freezer. Place all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth.  I used my kitchen aid ice cream maker, and mixed for 20 minutes on a low setting.  After the 20 minutes pour mixture into freezer friendly dish and freeze for 1-2 hours.  Without the kitchen aid ice cream maker or other ice cream maker, you could place the blended ingredients straight into the freezer safe dish and mix every 30 minutes until frozen.

2. Take out of the freezer and let sit for 10 - 15 minutes and top with fresh strawberries.  Try not to gobble the whole container in one sitting. 







No comments:

Post a Comment