Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Amazing Raw Mango Dessert





I was talking with my sister on Skype a couple of weeks ago and she was chowing down on left over dessert from the night before.  In between mouthfuls she was telling me how amazing this dessert is and how she has made it 3 times in the past week and half.  If my sister is this excited about something I know I have to try it too.

I have made this twice so far.  The first time I only made only half the recipe, and I assure you, you should make the whole recipe.  You'll be craving it for days.  The second time I made it our friend Christian came over for dinner.  As soon as he heard the dessert was raw he was not really interested.  When he tried this amazing dessert he couldn't believe it, and even requested seconds. This is definitely a winner and I recommend you make this tonight!




Amazing Raw Mango Dessert
serves 6

Crust:
3 cups pecans
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3/4 cups dates, pitted
1/2 tsp sea salt

Syrup:
3/4 cup dates, pitted
3 tbsp coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup water, more as needed

Filling:
4 ripe mangos, cut into small bite-size pieces
1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberry, defrosted if frozen
1/2 sliced strawberries 

Directions:

1. Place pecans and salt into a food processor and process until a powder-like consistency forms.  Add dates and vanilla and process until a dough like consistency forms.  Remove from the food processor and set aside.

2. For the syrup place dates, coconut oil and vanilla extract into food processor and process until smooth.  Add water, a syrup type consistency should form.  If too thick add in water.

3. Mix all fruit with syrup.

4. Press the crust into a individual ramekin (I used a circular mold) or make a large portion and press in the serving platter.  Top with the syrupy fruit.  And OMG enjoy!  

***Adapted fron Ani Phos Raw Mango Blueberry Cobbler




No comments:

Post a Comment